Support for Rapid Policy Assessment Tool (RPAT) Application
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
Project Overview and Description
The City of Durham, on behalf of the Durham-Chapel Hill Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) is soliciting project qualifications from professional FIRMS interested in being considered to support the Rapid Policy Assessment Tool (RPAT) application for the Triangle Region, North Carolina.
RPAT is a strategic planning policy assessment tool that evaluates the effects of smart growth policies on travel demand. Essentially, the tool evaluates regional scenarios based on changes in the built environment, travel demand, transportation supply and transportation policies being considered. A RPAT model was already developed and validated for the region. The RPAT application support may include, but not limited to, performing RPAT runs, evaluating a series of performance metrics resulting from development scenarios: travel impacts, environmental and energy impacts, community impacts, financial and economic impacts, location impacts, connected vehicle technology impact for the near future and automated vehicle impacts for the long-range plan.
Interested firms should meet the following qualifications and possess the expertise enumerated below:
- The firm(s) must have experience with RPAT application at a regional scale. The experience with Regional Strategic Planning Model (RSPM) application is preferred.
- The firm(s) must have demonstrated expertise in smart growth, scenario planning, ITS policies, pricing, travel demand models, particularly the Triangle Regional Model, as well as theoretical background in land use - transportation interactions/linkage.
- The firm(s) must have experience and familiarities with using RPAT model / tool, including making adjustments and applying it to support the strategic plan.
- Firm(s) must have experience in working in open source platform / environment, especially R software.
- Firm(s) must have knowledge/experience in and familiarity with the Triangle Regional Model.
How to Apply
Responses to the request shall be in written form. Proposal evaluation will focus initially on the written proposals received by the City of Durham, Transportation Department by 4:00 p.m. on January 12, 2017. Proposals should provide level of efforts and address specific project issues of any kind. Proposals will be reviewed using the following evaluation criteria (weights in parentheses):
- Extensive experience, knowledge and familiarity in the application of Rapid Policy Assessment Tool (RPAT) at a regional scale (30%).
- Firm’s interest and understanding of proposed project (20%)
- Identification of personnel who would actually work on the proposed MPO RPAT application, indicating educational background, experience, availability (including current workload) and ability of staff members in the firm assigned to this project to complete the project on the required schedule. (30%).
- Proposed innovative strategies and schedule/timeline for accomplishing the project (20%).
Affirmative responses should provide a recommended approach and schedule for accomplishing the scope of work and should be accompanied by the following documentation:
- The firm’s recent and past experience with similar kinds of projects including relevant project costs and reference contact with address and telephone number experience directly related to the scope of work.
- Identification of personnel who would actually work on the implementation of the RPAT planning tool for the Triangle Region.
- Current workload and availability of such personnel in all required fields of expertise.
Interested firms should email a digital/electronic copy of their proposal no later than 4:00 pm, January 16, 2017, to Felix Nwoko, (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Mail can be submitted to:
Attention: Felix Nwoko & Yanping Zhang
Project Name: Support for Rapid Policy Assessment Tool (RPAT) Application
101 City Hall Plaza, Fourth Floor (Suite 4200)
Durham, NC 27701-3329
City of Durham Bids
The City of Durham periodically publishes a request for proposals to complete transportation related services for the DCHC MPO. The requests are usually a Request for Information (RFI), Request for Qualifications (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP) depending on the nature and cost of the needed services. These requests will be posted on this Web page.
Note that at times the MPO will request services only from firms in the City of Durham on-call program. The City of Durham solicits firms for its transportation and engineering on-call consultant program every three years. The City will begin the next on-call procurement process in 2015, and make the final selection of firms and finish the master agreements in 2016. Contact Felix Nwoko at email@example.com to ensure your firm is on the list to be contact for this process.
City of Durham Department of Transportation "On-Call" Consultant Services 2015 RFQ and 2015 SDBE list can be accessed by clicking the links below:
1. On-Call Consultant Services Transporation 2015 RFQ
2. On-Call Services 2015 - Addendum #1
3. On-Call Services 2015 - Addendum #2
4. On-Call Transportation Engineering Services EOEA sdbe firms-2015